Hello, first-time travellers to Phu Quoc! Are you looking for a place to stay during your vacation and do not know what to choose? Before we give you the ultimate tips, let’s take a look at this amazing islands
Claimed as “The Pearl Island of Asia”, Phu Quoc is the largest island in Vietnam. Located in the Gulf of Thailand, 45 km to the West of Ha Tien, and 15km south of the coast of Cambodia, this island is a part of Kien Giang Province .Also the international airport is set here which makes transportation much easier. Otherwise, if you want to get a new experience, you can take a boat trip to Phu Quoc.
- Highlights: The North of Phu Quoc is famous for verdant mountains and the variety of wild species while the South boasts pristine beaches and local villages with pepper plantations and fish sauce factories.
- Visa requirements: And do you know this interesting fact: Visa entry to Phu Quoc is not required for those who stay in Phu Quoc fewer than 30 days.
The accommodation choices there are also plentiful, ranging from inexpensive bungalows for families to luxurious 5* resorts. The list below compiled the most ubiquitous beaches, the advantages and disadvantages of every area to help you decide where to stay on Phu Quoc Island.
Should I book a hotel room in Duong Dong?
As the main town of Phu Quoc, Duong Dong is where you can find plenty of hotels, local and international restaurants, bars, banks, pharmacies, and travel agencies.
Besides, if you want to mingle with locals, buy some fresh products, and sample inexpensive local delicacies, Duong Dong Market is the must-visit spot.
Who is it for:
– Travelers who love crowded places filled with activities
– Travelers who want to experience the local lifestyle.
– Those who are looking for nightlife bustlings.
– Hotels and restaurants cater to different budget levels.
– Near the Phu Quoc International Phu Quoc Airport.
– A lot of sightseeings.
– Valuable stuff and food at Duong Dong Market.
– Traffic might be a problem.
– Beach area is not the cleanest on Phu Quoc Island.
Should I stay in a hotel at Ong Lang Beach?
Situated about a 20 minutes ride from Duong Dong, Ong Lang Beach is surrounded by mountain chains with palms, oaks, banyans. Here is an idyllic place for those who prefer tranquility. This place is a combination of luxurious and mid-range resorts with private beach sites.
Besides sunbathing on the white, soft sand, you can take part in kayaking, snorkeling, diving, and trekking to the nearest offshore islets. The nightlife there is limited to hotel-owned bars and lounges, you go to the local restaurants and food stalls nearby the beach.
Who is it for:
– Travelers who want to enjoy a quiet vacation.
– Prosperous travelers.
– A lot of beach activities.
– Clean and well-maintained beach area.
– Restaurants cater to different budget levels.
– Limited night activities.
– Lack of sightseeing.
Should I book a room at Bai Dai?
Bai Dai is the most popular beach on Phu Quoc Island, owning 20km of coastline with white shimmering sand and crystal clear water. Thanks to its west coast location, you can chill at famous beachfront resorts, restaurants, cafes, and bars to enjoy the most breathtaking sunset in Vietnam. Moreover, there is a small tip for you: although Bai Dai can be easily explored on foot, renting a bike would make your trip to traditional fishing villages and pearl farms ideal.
Who is it for:
– Travelers who love crowded places
– Those who are looking for a busy nightlife.
– Food lovers.
– Resorts, restaurants, and cafes cater to different budget levels.
– The best sunset view on Phu Quoc Island.
– Beach area is the ideal place for beach and water activities.
– Might be crowded with tourists.
– Life in the local community is not as diverse as in other regions.